Working under the guidelines of the most recent information from the Governor, Coventry Athletics has issued the following information:
- School will be closed beginning Monday, March 16th through at least Friday, April 3rd.
- While schools are closed, ALL PRACTICES, SCRIMMAGES, and GAMES are postponed to allow for social distancing.
- No Coventry Local facilities will be made available to any groups in or out of the school community.
- Normal practices can still be held Friday, March 13th and Saturday, March 14th.
Social Distancing Expectations During the Closing:
- It is the expectation of Coventry Local Schools that our athletes use this time to follow all recommendations on social distancing.
- Our employees are not to hold any group workouts of any size on or off campus.
- Our employees are not to arrange any group gatherings of any size on our off campus.
We understand the anxiety these steps cause for our athletes and the uncertainty that still remains. We hope that following the recommendations of State health experts allows us to resume normal operations sooner rather than later and continue with our spring sports season on Monday, April 6th. However, that date may change as more information is provided by the Governor. We will work to notify and update as needed. Please refrain from speculation and rumor. If you are unsure, please check the Coventry Athletics website, Twitter, or call the Athletic Office at 330-644-3004 ext. 624016.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this uncertain time. We are #CometStrong